Events to Help You Develop Your Plans
Departmental BPC Plan Events
The Departmental BPC Plan serves to coordinate BPC activities within a department and provide context for the activities proposed by PIs in their Project BPC Plan.
Project BPC Plan Events
A Project BPC Plan is submitted to NSF as a supplementary document that details the proposed BPC activities of the PIs. A Project BPC Plan may reference and link to one or more Departmental BPC Plans.
Upcoming Departmental BPC Plan Events:
Departmental BPC Plan Writing Workshop
We are offering two free virtual Departmental BPC Plan Events in Summer 2020. Visit this page for more details.
- Based on BPC Plan Workshop participants’ feedback, we are adding a Workshop Day 3 on August 13, 2020, which will be another opportunity for participants to receive feedback on their plans. All July and August BPC Plan Workshop participants are invited to attend Day 3, and have received information about Day 3 via email.
- If you are interested in attending Day 3 but did not attend the July or August BPC Plan Workshops, email firstname.lastname@example.org to determine your eligibility.
Upcoming Project BPC Plan Events:
Writing a BPC Plan for Your NSF Proposal
- Description: Hear from NSF Program officer Dr. Jeff Forbes and BPCnet.org contributor Dr. Colleen Lewis about strategies for developing an impactful BPC Plan for submission with CISE NSF proposals.
- Date: Tuesday, August 18, 2020
- Time: 1pm Pacific/2pm Mountain/3pm Central/4pm Eastern
- Duration: 1 hour
- Register: LINK
Past Departmental BPC Plan Events:
- BPC Plan Writing Workshop: Workshop 1 (Materials will be posted soon): July 13-14, 2020
- BPC Plan Writing Workshop: Workshop 2 (Materials will be posted soon): August 6-7, 2020
- Developing Department Plans for Broadening Participation in Computing for NSF Grants
- Slides: LINK
- Videos: Full video (Per-section videos linked below)
- Introduction to the NSF Initiative – Jeffrey Forbes, NSF
- BPCnet.org – Burçin Tamer, Computing Research Association
- Supporting PIs – Nancy Amato, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- BPC Context – Mary Hall, University of Utah
- BPC Activities – Colleen Lewis, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- BPC Evaluation – Tracy Camp, Colorado School of Mines
- Date/Time: Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 1:30 PM – 5:00 PM Pacific
- Venue: Pre-symposium event at the SIGCSE conference
- Departmental Plans for Broadening Participation in Computer Science
- Slides: LINK
- Date: November 13-15, 2019
- Location: University of Illinois