Events to Help You Develop Your Plans
Departmental BPC Plan Events
The Departmental BPC Plan serves to coordinate BPC activities within a department and provide context for the activities proposed by PIs in their Individual BPC Plan.
Upcoming Departmental BPC Plan Events:
We are offering two free virtual Departmental BPC Plan Events in Summer 2020. Visit this page for more details.
- Workshop 1: July 13-14, 2020. Click here to apply for the July workshop.
- Workshop 2: August 6-7, 2020. Click here to apply for the August workshop.
Past Departmental BPC Plan Events:
- Developing Department Plans for Broadening Participation in Computing for NSF Grants
- Slides: LINK
- Videos: Full video (Per-section videos linked below)
- Introduction to the NSF Initiative – Jeffrey Forbes, NSF
- BCPNet.org – Burçin Tamer, Computing Research Association
- Supporting PIs – Nancy Amato, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- BPC Context – Mary Hall, University of Utah
- BPC Activities – Colleen Lewis, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- BPC Evaluation – Tracy Camp, Colorado School of Mines
- Date/Time: Wednesday, March 11, 2020, 1:30 PM – 5:00 PM Pacific
- Venue: Pre-symposium event at the SIGCSE conference
- Departmental Plans for Broadening Participation in Computer Science
- Slides: LINK
- Date: November 13-15, 2019
- Location: University of Illinois
Individual BPC Plan Events
An Individual BPC Plan is submitted to NSF as a supplementary document that details the proposed BPC activities of the PIs. An Individual BPC Plan may reference and link to one or more Departmental BPC Plans.
Upcoming Individual BPC Plan Events:
- Writing a BPC Plan for Your NSF Proposal
- Description: Hear from NSF Program officer Dr. Jeff Forbes and BPCnet.org contributor Dr. Colleen Lewis about strategies for developing an impactful BPC Plan for submission with CISE NSF proposals.
- Date: Thursday, July 16, 2020
- Time: 1pm Pacific/2pm Mountain/3pm Central/4pm Eastern
- Duration: 1 hour
- Register: LINK
Past Individual BPC Plan Events: