Statistics & Data Hub
Use this tool to download a table of disaggregated data for computing degree recipients at your institution and K-12 enrollment, along with state and national data for additional context. These data can be included in your BPC Plan.
About the data used in the app
The data comes from the IPEDS dataset ‘Completions’ and from the CCD dataset ‘Enrollment’. The IPEDS dataset was accessed through the IPEDS website. The CCD dataset was accessed through Urban Institute’s Education Data Portal.
IPEDS data pre-processing selected for:
- Institution is classified as ‘public’ or ‘private not-for-profit’; is classified as ‘Four or more years’ or ‘At least two but less than four years’; awarded computing degrees – broadly defined as any area of studies falling under the CIP code of ‘11) Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services’; awarded computing degrees at the Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s, and/or Doctoral level(s)
CCD data pre-processing selected for:
- Grade level is between Kindergarten and 12th grade.
How to use this app
- Select the appropriate data tab and select the desired filtering criteria in the sidebar.
- Review the resulting table with generated totals and percent of students in each category. Percentages are calculated as a given value divided by the sum of its column.
- Click on a column name to sort that column.
- Download or copy the table to your local device by clicking the appropriate button at the top of the app.
- Hover over a row for a dynamic, contextual tooltip.
How to cite this app & App references
Suggested In-text Citation:
Statistics & Data Hub (Version [Version Number]). Computing Research Association, Center for Evaluating the Research Pipeline. Accessed [mm/dd/yyyy], https://bpcnet.org/statistics/.
Data Sources, Acknowledgements & References:
- U.S. Department of Education. Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics.
- Education Data Portal (Version 0.7.0 – 0.8.0), Urban Institute, Center on Education Data and Policy, accessed April 2020 – July 2020, https://educationdata.urban.org/documentation/colleges.html#ipeds-awards-by-2-digit-cip-code; https://educationdata.urban.org/documentation/school-districts.html#ccd-enrollment-by-grade-sex-and-race
- Datasets included in the Urban Institute Education Data Portal are the US Department of Education Common Core of Data, the US Department of Education Civil Rights Data Collection, the US Census Bureau Small Area Income and Poverty Estimates, the US Department of Education Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System, the US Department of Education College Scorecard, and the National Historical Geographic Information System.
The app suspends after 5 minutes of idle time. If the app has a grey overlay, refresh the page to restart the app.