Overview of BPCnet Resources
The BPCnet Resource Portal seeks to amplify efforts in broadening participation in computing. As such, BPCnet has curated a number of resources that may be helpful to PIs or Departments who are writing their BPC Plans:
- Writing BPC Goals: A guide to writing Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-based goals (“SMART” goals) for inclusion in your BPC Plan.
- Example Activities: A list of example BPC activities suitable for inclusion in a Departmental BPC Plan.
- Terminology Guide: A guide to referring to underrepresented populations in computing and closely-related disciplines and to the longstanding underrepresentation of various populations.
- Customizing Your BPC Plan: A list of different types of content helpful to include in your BPC Plan, such as data, retention, and outreach.
- BPC Alliances: A list of coalitions with comprehensive programs focused on broadening participation in computing.
- Undergraduate BPC Literature Database: A database of recently published (January 2005 – March 2022) scholarly articles that expand the empirical and theoretical knowledge around broadening participation in undergraduate computing in the United States.
- BPC Activity Library: Searchable BPC activities led by organizations dedicated to BPC.
- FAQ: Includes questions and responses from the official FAQ for CISE Broadening Participation in Computing (BPC) PILOT, as well as additional FAQs found exclusively on BPCnet.org.