The following announcement is provided by the National Science Foundation.
PIs with active Medium and Large CISE Core programs awards funded in the last three years (specifically pursuant to solicitations NSF 20-591, 19-589. 18-569, 18-568, and 18-570) are invited to submit supplemental funding requests to engage more members of the CISE research community in significant BPC efforts as part of their projects’ BPC plans. These supplements will increase the participation of individuals underrepresented in the community participation in specific research areas. Supplemental funding requests for an existing BPC plan should either:
- extend the reach of current BPC activities that have some evidence of effectiveness to more participants or institutions; or
- coordinate and institutionalize BPC activities within a department or similar unit.
The supplemental funding request should also include the following information:
- objectives and strategies for the proposed activities along with a timeline;
- an evaluation and assessment plan that describes how to measure the outcomes of the proposed activities; and
- the results of past BPC activities on this project.
The current approved BPC plan must be uploaded as a Supplementary Document.
Supplemental funding requests must: (a) be less than 20% of the original award amount; and (b) not exceed $200,000. Supplements will not be given if they would require an extension beyond the expiration date of the original grant.
The deadline for submission is January 20, 2022.
BPCnet.org Resource Portal is an initiative of the Computing Research Association (CRA) with support from the National Science Foundation (CNS-1830364, CNS-2032231, and CNS-1940460). Subscribe to the BPCnet.org newsletter & bulletin by clicking here.